Vision & Mission
AAOHN is guided by its vision and mission statements.
The vision of the organization is that work and workplace community environments will be healthy and safe.
The mission is to ensure that occupational and environmental health nurses are seen as the authority on health, safety, productivity and disability management for worker populations. AAOHN achieves its mission through the following activities:
- Advancing the profession by offering a number of innovative professional and leadership development, networking, and career opportunities.
- Protecting the profession by advocating for legislation, regulations and public policy that positively impact occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Promoting the profession through a marketing and public relations campaign that emphasizes the value of occupational and environmental health nurses to employers, employees, government, alliance organizations and other important groups.
- Guiding the profession by providing a number of products and services to address the distinct roles that occupational and environmental health nurses fill in business.
- www.aaohn.org plus LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Networking opportunities via online discussion forums and directories
- An annual state of the association town hall
- A monthly membership newsletter
- An annual continuing nursing education (CNE) conference
- Live and on-demand CNE webinars
- A peer-reviewed journal, Workplace Health and Safety with CNE modules
- Job search & post
- Code of Ethics,
- Standards of Practice
- Competencies and a Self-assessment
- A Core Curriculum and reference guides
- Public policy guidance
- Position Statements
- Operational resources
- A chapter leader newsletter
- Quarterly town halls
- Consultation and mentoring