Upcoming Review Courses
Pre-Conference COHN/COHN-S Review Course
Saturday, March 11 - Sunday, March 12
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT
San Antonio, Texas
We're bringing this workshop to National Conference! Join us in San Antonio before National Conference for a pre-conference COHN/COHN-S review course. This course content follows the ABOHN exam blueprint with topics including occupational health nursing roles, direct care, management & leadership, health promotion, counseling, toxicology, industrial hygiene, environmental relationships, research, case management, and legal/ethical issues.
Consider including this course as an "add-on" during your conference registration process.
COHN/COHN-S Review Course
More information about this 2-day course coming soon!
The AAOHN COHN/COHN-S in-person review course workshop covers the major components of occupational health nursing to prepare for the certification exam and follows the updated 2020 ABOHN exam blueprint.
In addition to instruction and discussions, learn through hands-on activities and pre-and post-tests to assess your exam readiness. Nurses interested in learning more about the field of occupational health nursing will also find this course beneficial.
- Occupational health nursing roles
- Direct care
- Management and leadership
- Health promotion
- Industrial hygiene
- Environmental relationships
- Case management
- Legal and ethical issues
- Define current occupational health nursing roles and functions and describe occupational health nursing strategies for providing direct care and health promotion to workers.
- Discuss the concepts and principles of ergonomics, industrial hygiene, case management, hearing conservation, toxicology, epidemiology, and occupational health nursing research.
- Discuss legislation relevant to occupational health nursing, as well as federal standards and regulations.
- Identify topic areas to be studied for ABOHN Certified Occupational Health Nurse exam.