COHN/COHN-S Review Course
September 27 - 28, 2023
7:30 am - 5:30 pm CT
AAOHN HQ at AMA Plaza
330 N. Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Member Fee: $500
Non-Member Fee: $680
What You Can Expect
The AAOHN COHN/COHN-S in-person review course covers the major components of occupational health nursing. The course curriculum is organized to follow the ABOHN recommended Core Content areas for study preparation for the certification exams. AAOHN's course will help the learner to organize their study. Newly added to the curriculum for September is a mapping of core content areas to the ABOHN exam blueprint, test-taking strategies, and a pre and post-test.
In addition to instruction and discussions, learn through hands-on activities and games. Nurses interested in learning more about the field of occupational health nursing will also find this course beneficial with the broad overview of occupational health nursing presented.
Core Content Topics
- Occupational Health Nursing Roles
- Direct Care
- Management and Leadership Principles
- Health Promotion
- Psychological & Physiological Stress Management
- Safety & Industrial Hygiene
- Emergency Response
- Physical Hazards & Ergonomics
- Chemical Hazards
- Information Management
- Standards & Regulations
- Define current occupational health nursing roles and functions and describe occupational health nursing strategies for providing direct care and health promotion to workers.
- Discuss the concepts and principles of ergonomics, industrial hygiene, case management, hearing conservation, toxicology, epidemiology, and occupational health nursing research.
- Discuss legislation relevant to occupational health nursing, as well as federal standards and regulations.
- Identify topic areas to be studied for ABOHN Certified Occupational Health Nurse exams.