Purpose: To recognize a licensed OEH provider (includes but not limited to: LVN/LPN/RN/APRN) practicing in the field of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing who is dedicated to creating a culture of health and safety in the workplace. This award acknowledges an unsung hero who protects and promotes the well-being of workers, ensures organizational compliance and peace of mind, and drives measurable business improvement.
Applicants must be active members of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN).
Award Selection: Members of the AAOHN Awards/Recognition Review Panel will judge entries. The recipient will receive national recognition and a crystal award.
- Must be a licensed OEH provider (includes but not limited to: LVN/LPN/RN/APRN) actively practicing in the field of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing, who interfaces directly with workers on a daily basis.
- Must be an active member of AAOHN.
- Nomination form and supporting narrative must be submitted by January 31, 2024 by 11:59 pm CT.
- Candidates must be self-nominated.
- You should receive an automated response if your application was submitted successfully, but you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- AAOHN will notify all applicants of results via email prior to the AAOHN National Conference.
Attach a narrative response addressing the following criteria. Use the headings below to answer each section individually:
- Demonstrate initiatives instrumental in creating a culture of health and safety. (25 points)
- Demonstrate evidence-based and measurable results of OEHN projects or programs utilized within the workplace. (25 points)
- Explain how your practice of OEHN is an added value to your organization and how it makes a positive impact on business performance. (20 points)
- Briefly describe your leadership style, specifically how it relates to the following: (20 points)
- encourages an organization-wide culture of health and safety
- motivates individual workers to embrace health and safety practices
- inspires workers to adapt and integrate those practices into their personal lives
- contributes to the sense of community
- Describe professional development activities that expand your expertise and professional direction. Include future professional goals. (10 points)
Submissions will be judged based on a 100-point system. Each section indicates the maximum number of points the candidate can earn based on the content submitted.