Purpose: To recognize businesses that support and promote the occupational and environmental health nursing (OEHN) profession.
Eligibility: Any business, corporation or government agency engaged in legal commerce, trade or service.
Award Selection: Members of the AAOHN Awards/Recognition Review Panel will judge entries.
- The company must be nominated by an active AAOHN member.
- Entries must be submitted by January 31, 2024 by 11:59 pm CT.
- AAOHN will notify all applicants of results via email.
Submissions must include:
- Has an OEHN service within the corporate structure
- Provides research funding, supports OEHN continuing professional development or provides recognition awards (at the national or local level) for occupational and environmental health nurses.
For nominees having an OEHN service within the corporate structure:
- Business embraces the concepts of a safe and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrates support for OEHN by:
- Involving OEHN in strategic planning and policy and procedure development
- Providing resources (e.g., space, budget and equipment) for operation of a comprehensive occupational and environmental health program
- Supporting continuing professional development
- Supporting involvement in professional association activities such as payment of AAOHN membership dues, payment of conference registration, support of employees’ volunteerism and service in leadership roles within AAOHN whether it be at a local, state, national or international level
For nominees demonstrating support of OEHN profession by providing research funding, supporting OEHN continuing professional development or providing recognition awards for occupational and environmental health nurses:
- Support available over time or ongoing
- Support available to OEHN professionals
- Magnitude or significance of the support to OEHN
Submissions will be judged based on a 100-point system. Each section indicates the maximum number of points the candidate can earn based upon the content submitted.
|Conceptualization of Safe and Healthy Working Environments
|Strategic Planning and Policy and Procedure Development
|Providing Resources for Operation of a OEHN Program
|Continuing Professional Development
|Supporting Involvement in Professional Association Activities