Purpose: To recognize businesses that support and promote the occupational and environmental health nursing (OEHN) profession.
Eligibility: Any business, corporation or government agency engaged in legal commerce, trade or service.
Award Selection: Members of the AAOHN Awards/Recognition Review Panel will judge entries.
- The company must be nominated by an active AAOHN member.
- Entries must be submitted by January 15, 2023 by 11:59 pm CT.
- You should receive an automated response if your application was submitted successfully, but you can email email@example.com with questions.
- AAOHN will notify all applicants of results via email.
Submission must include:
- Detailed description addressing the judging criteria (listed below). A business may be recognized for support of OEHN in one of two ways
- Has an OEHN service within the corporate structure
- Provides research funding, supports OEHN continuing professional development or provides recognition awards (at the national or local level) for occupational and environmental health nurses.
Note: Programs must currently be in place to be considered.
Entry Preparation and Guidelines
- Entry form and all attachments should not total more than 15 8 ½ x 11”, typewritten, double-spaced, single-sided pages with 1” margins using 12 point font.
- For all acronyms, provide full name of organization or program upon first use.
For nominees having an OEHN service within the corporate structure:
30% Business embraces the concepts of a safe and healthy work environment.
70% Demonstrates support for OEHN by:
- Involving OEHN in strategic planning and policy and procedure development (15%)
- Providing resources (e.g., space, budget and equipment) for operation of a comprehensive occupational and environmental health program (15%)
- Supporting continuing professional development (15%)
- Supporting involvement in professional association activities such as payment of AAOHN membership dues, payment of conference registration, support of employees’ volunteerism and service in leadership roles within AAOHN whether it be at a local, state, national or international level (20%)
For nominees demonstrating support of OEHN profession by providing research funding, supporting OEHN continuing professional development or providing recognition awards for occupational and environmental health nurses:
30% Support available over time or ongoing
30% Support available to OEHN professionals
40% Magnitude or significance of the support to OEHN