Purpose: To recognize a leader in the profession of occupational and environmental health nursing (OEHN) and AAOHN, who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments through significant contributions in nursing and humanitarian endeavors in local, national, or international arenas. As an AAOHN member, this individual has shown exemplary leadership, dedication, courage, and inspiration in making an impact on improving the lives of others. By offering this humanitarian award in honor of Mrs. Lillian Carter, AAOHN will be recognizing one of its dynamic members who has contributed in an exceptional way to their community at home or abroad.
Eligibility: Must be an active member of AAOHN.
Award Selection: Members of the AAOHN Awards/Recognition Review Panel will judge entries. The recipient will receive a crystal award.
Candidate must be nominated by an active member of AAOHN.
- All materials, nomination forms and statements as well as candidate forms and statements, must be submitted by January 31, 2024 at 11:59 pm CT.
- AAOHN will notify all candidates and sponsors of results via email.
- Candidates must show evidence of humanitarian accomplishments and efforts in their local community, nationally or internationally.
- Candidates must show evidence of outstanding contributions to OEHN, including but not limited to the following:
- Contributions to Humanitarian Efforts:
- Activities that have contributed to the field of OEHN in one or more of the following areas: clinical practice, education, research, management, policy or authorship areas
- Research or projects that have contributed to improvement in the field of OEHN
- Active participation in AAOHN and other organizations at the local, state, national or international level with significant impact to advance OEHN/humanitarian efforts
- Dedication and Mentorship:
- Active participation in volunteer and service organizations at the local, state, national or international level and in AAOHN.
- Promotion of or expansion of professional development for OEHN professionals, i.e., formulation of policy (institutional) to safeguard worker health
- Significant influence of legislative policy
- Professional development activities that have expanded expertise and/or career direction
- Conceptualize, develop, and/or implement new models of care delivery with significant impact for OEHN/humanitarian causes
- Candidates must provide evidence of commitment to continue humanitarian efforts contributions to OEHN and AAOHN.
Submissions will be judged based on a 100-point system. Each section indicates the maximum number of points that the candidate can earn based upon the content submitted.
|Contributions to humanitarian efforts
|Dedication and mentorship
|Future goals reflecting intention to continue humanitarian efforts
Nominating Sponsor Instructions and Forms
Applications for the Lillian G. Carter Award requires at least one (1) nominating sponsor. The nominating sponsor must be an active member of AAOHN and can only nominate one (1) candidate per year.
Nominating sponsors must complete this form and provide a separate narrative based on the selection criteria above. Complete sponsor forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications without a sponsor form will not be considered.
Download the Lillian G. Carter Sponsorship Form